I love me a big bold necklace, but for this spring the accessory to have is bold gold earrings! So throw you hair into a messy bun and rock a pair of oversized earrings and finish off your look with a bold lip color. Below are some of my favorites under $50.
Looking for some super-chic unique Jewelry by an independent designer? Look no further than Boticca.com – check out what’s new from my personal fave India-based designer, Eina Aluwalia.
If you haven’t been there already, you NEED to go and check out the beautiful
“The creative process begins with a lot of coffee and angst. I have to reach within myself and sift through a lot of thoughts and ideas to find the one strong story that needs to be shared.” – Eina Ahluwalia
Eina is one of more than 250 designers from 40+ countries all over the world now selling her pieces through Boticca, which is actually the only place on the net that you can feel that amazing sense of discovery you get when you find a rare, one-off trinket on your travels. Check out my favorite piece below!
Traditionally, a Kirpan is a small symbolic sword worn on the body by Sikhs – a warrior race that acted to protect oppressed communities from Mughal rule in India. Amazingly, this piece, which can be worn at several different lengths, is 100% handcrafted, featuring intricate fretwork on brass with 22-karat gold plating.
There are so many beautiful and very different pieces on the site, too. More than 6,000 items, in fact! Feast your peepers on these stunners, for example:
- Malaga necklace – Jolita Jewellery
- Clemence woven necklace in pink/orange – Jennifer Loiselle
- In a Sentimental Mood Necklace – Maria Zureta
Updating your spring and summer wardrobe is a cinch this year. All it takes are a few well-chosen belts. If the statement necklace was last year’s must-have fashion accessory, the bold belt is 2012’s style essential. From skinny, neon waist-nippers to embellished corset-like hip-huggers, the belt was everywhere on the spring runways.
Embracing the belt can add shape and chic to the most humdrum outfit, says Phoenix stylist Fawn Cheng. “You can refresh a tired dress or an oversized top by cinching it with a brightly colored belt,” she says. The smocked tee that feels about as sexy as a tablecloth? The boho peasant blouse you wore to death last summer and now seems as fresh as expired milk? “They’re both scorning to be tuned into new silhouettes with an eye-catching belt,” says Cheng.
Belts are also crafty accessories when it comes to flattering your figure. If you’re short-waisted, sporting a low-slung belt will create the illusion of an elongated torso. Try a chain-link version for a modern look. Long-waisted? Balance out your proportions with a wide belt worn at your waist.
Here are four belts you’ll want to add to your warm-weather wardrobe:
1. Glitzy. Skinny or wide, elasticized or leather, the statement belt of the season features a bold medallion buckle in plated or hammered gold, silver or brass. Cheng likes to see the wide version worn high on the waist — right under the rib cage — to add edgy glamour to a body-conscious dress. Or put a slimmer medallion belt through the loops of your flared jeans or trousers for understated elegance. The Italian designer Balmain offers a half dozen takes on this signature piece, ranging from $800 to more than $3,000. You can find stylish alternatives at stores like Urban Outfitters and Zara for a tiny fraction of that price.
2. Colorful. “Shocking sorbet” is what Cheng has dubbed this season’s collection of belts in vivid hues — fuchsia, tangerine, baby blue, coral and chartreuse. They’re the perfect way to introduce color into a neutral or all-white outfit. Or, to update a preppy look, consider a neo-neon combination like a carnation pink cardigan punctuated with a lime green patent-leather belt.
3. Safari-inspired. For spring, Michael Kors showed his version of what a chic woman might wear while enjoying cocktails at a luxe gaming lodge. Models strutted down the runway in animal and camouflage prints — and utilitarian colors like khaki, olive and brown — all in supple fabrics. The standout accessory was his fashion-forward interpretation of the frumpy fanny pack: a gorgeous burnished leather strap slung twice around the waist — once through the belt loops and then just below — tied on one end and with a small leather purse on the other. The purse-belt is perfect for hands-free toting of your essentials. Ralph Lauren, Diane von Furstenberg, Fendi, Hermes and Yves Saint Laurent are all offering their luxe take on the belt bag. You can also find affordable versions from LeSportsac and, of course, Michael Kors.
4. Corset. Thick, waist-cinching belts show off a woman’s ladylike curves. They’re an edgy match — especially in metallic — for the peplum skirt you’ll be wearing this spring and summer. You’ll also find casually playful versions in more forgiving woven leather. These look smashing with a traditional trench, a structured jacket, or high-waisted trousers and a white shirt. Corset belts might be a fleeting trend, so you probably don’t want to make this an investment piece. Instead, have a fling with an inexpensive option from a store like Forever 21 or Anthropologie.
Photo: Getty Images
By Shelley Levitt for
Shelley Levitt, managing editor
of The Style Glossy, is a former West Coast editor
of Self and senior writer at
Love the elegant simplicity of Joe Fresh’s line particularly the impeccably detailed accessories. The retro inspired sunglasses pictured here highlight Joe Fresh’s modern designs mixed with classic grace (the sunglasses definitely have a Jackie O vibe!). Just the playful pair of shades you’ll need this spring. For more info visit –
I love Rachel Zoe’s entire line; especially her wide leg pants!!! So seventies but with a modern cut that’s super flattering and easy to wear any season, day or night. Tip: pair high waisted versions with cardigans, blouses and blazers, and pick a good sized heel to get a longer look. Also, make sure they fall at the hips (anything above will be unflattering) Don’t go crazy with prints! instead, use
Actress and mark brand ambassador, Ashley Greene rocked the Fierce Fedoraat the Coachella Music Festival this past weekend!
The fedora has come back with a vengeance and is even being worn by the girliest of girls. In it, you’ll be brimming with spring style! Each fedora comes with 3 interchangeable bands – coral, black and navy floral ($16)! For more information, visit
The brand’s perennial slogan of ‘Candy Store Galore’ has never been more fitting than of the new collection, a veritable pick ‘n’ mix of sweet and tempting designs all wrapped up in the rousing buzz that ribbons the Kate Kanzier brand.
London’s best kept secret is out of the bag, and Kate Kanzier has accrued some very influential fans. Fashion heavyweights Vogue, Grazia, and Elle have taken to showcasing Kanzier’s distinctive designs. Kate Kanzier’s idiosyncratic mix of affordable luxury has proven popular across the fashion press spectrum, appealing to fashionistas in all places. Check out some of her fabulous clutch’s below and stop by
From the basic hang down to the gypsy bun, in this newest how-to we took one of Spring’s most iconic accessories — the bright, bold scarf — and created 10 lasting looks to take a tee and jeans from plain and simple to extraordinarily chic. Watch our video to see all the fun you can have with just one scarf!