Summer is a year round season down here in Florida. Sure it gets a little cooler during winter but for the most part it’s always warm. It’s funny because while everyone is out shouting, “summer is finally here!” I’m preparing for what I call our winter (of course when everyone is dealing with the cold, the weather is perfect here). Other than going to the beach, I crank the AC during these insane months of humidity, scorching heat
and daily thunderstorms and during the past 10 years I’ve come up with little tricks that help me and my family breeze right through the summer.
1. One of the most important parts of summer any where you go is being bikini ready. You always have to have a swimsuit on hand and be groomed. I’m one of the lucky ones who doesn’t really have to shave that often. And I don’t really like nor am I very good at using razors. Hair removal products from Veet are always kept in my shower for those last minute trips to the beach or bbq. Simply cover your legs or bikini area with the gel cream, remove with the plastic spatula and in under 3 minutes you’ll be good to go! Keeps skin stubble free for a few days longer than a razor and smells way better than those old smelly depilatories thanks to the lightly scented rose fragrance and citrus oils.
2. I can never have enough water in my house! My kids go though a five gallon jug of water every three to four days so during the summer I take the biggest cooler I have, place it in the sunroom, fill it with ice and stock it with small water bottles. Besides making them re-use the water bottles, it helps minimize the kids running in and out of the house (keeping the cool air inside).
3. I have 5 boys and every time I go out I hear, “mom I’m hungry can I buy a snack..can I buy a drink?” It can get kinda costly SO I grab another trusty cooler and keep it my trunk and fill it with their favorite snack bars and drinks. It’s so common for them that sometimes I find the cooler filled before I even get in the car.
4. During the summer I don’t like to blow dry my hair at home…it’s just too hot and takes way too long. For those days when the temps are almost at 100 I wash my hair and spray it with a sea salt spray I make at home. I take a inexpensive spray bottle add 1 cup of warm water, 1 tsp of sea salt, 1/2 tsp of of your favorite conditioner and a 1/2 tsp of gel for some hold and shake. If I’m going to be home I braid it and if I’m headed out I leave it loose and let it do it’s thing. Always leaves my hair soft and wavy.
5. I hate dry lips and when you live in Florida you’re always exposed to the sun. What I do is make my own lip scrub and use it every night before bed. I use a contact lens holder for the scrub but any small container will do. Mix 1/2 tsp of coconut oil or olive oil, 1 tbsp of white sugar and 1 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp of honey and mix. For a touch of color you can add a drop or two of red food coloring.
Veet® helps you feel smooth all summer long.
There’s nothing like the feeling of freedom that summer brings.
“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Reckitt Benckiser via MODE Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Reckitt Benckiser.”