New York City-based jewelry designer Alex Woo explores the rainforest with her latest nod to Disneynature. In honor of Disneynature’s newest True Life Adventure “Chimpanzee,” Woo designed two exclusive pendants featuring an image inspired by Oscar, the young chimpanzee destined to steal the hearts of moviegoers nationwide when the film swings into theaters April 20, 2012.
Featured alongside the young chimpanzee in Woo’s designs are three vines that were inspired by the Jane Goodall Institute’s mission to protect people, animals and the environment. Twenty percent of proceeds from sales of the pendants will benefit JGI’s conservation efforts to protect chimpanzees today and tomorrow.
Available in eco-friendly recycled sterling silver and 14K gold, the one-inch, open cut-out pendant (starting at $218) and 4/5-inch solid disc pendant (starting at $158) both hang from 18-inch chains. For availability and more information, check out alexwoo.com.
Nestled in the wide-open spaces, limestone cliffs, and stone arches of South central France, natural beauty product maker MELVITA continues to lead the organic skin care market while staying true to its humble beginnings. Their first natural organic beauty product was based on ingredients from the beehive (they now have over five hundred hives) before introducing offering shampoo, milks and creams, floral waters and plant oils to name a few. In 2002, Melvita was one of the first companies in the world to earn the ECOCERT certificate for organic products. Becoming the global trend-setter for natural organic beauty products. Today, Melvita has over 250 employees, is available in over 20 countries, and is the number one certified organic beauty brand in France. Check them out – Melvita.com
At English Retreads, they turn recycling into a bold fashion statement with their unique handbags and accessories. Designed specifically for conscientious consumers and savvy fashionistas, each one-of-a-kind English Retreads product is handcrafted from reclaimed truck inner tubes—right in Boulder, Colorado.
One hundred percent vegan, their materials are an ecologically sound alternative to animal products. And even though their bags are designed to keep on truckin’ forever, it’s always good to buy a spare. Following in the tire tracks of Henry Ford’s original Model T, English Retreads are available in any color you want—as long as it’s black! I personally own the Beetle Small (featured below) and absolutely love it! It really is more than just a bag it’s a unique piece of artwork you’ve got to see in person to truly appreciate it. What better way to celebrate Earth Day than with a brand new bag!
1. Mini Luxe (lined) – Shift into turbo drive with the tuned up English Retreads Mini. The Mini Luxe comes with black lining, an inside zip pocket and a zipper closure – more prepared than ever to sit shotgun for any adventure on the road ahead. This model features a classic boxcar shape with the same colored straps (British Racing Green, English Toffee and Chrome) and the sassy circular cutout designs you love.
2. Cruiser – This simple black handbag can fashionably take you from a day on the road to a night on the town. As we all know, black never goes out of style. The Cruiser comes with a simple snap closure and an 18” shoulder strap designed to ride high and sit securely under your arm.
3. Beetle Lined – The large Beetle reigns supreme as the high-fashion queen in the English Retreads fleet. It is a perfect blend of pep and style, lined with your choice of favorite colors that really pop. We know that organization is key which is why the Beetle features a zipper closure, two exterior side pockets, three interior pockets (one with a zipper closure and two with elasticized edges to keep small items snug) and an interior utility ring. We’ve added classy metal feet for added ride stability. The Small Beetle has style and fashion flair in a more compact package, featuring a single interior zippered pocket and the same metal feet on the bottom.
4. Clutch Lined – Shift into high gear with our aerodynamically designed Clutch. This sleek handbag comes with a zipper closure, lined wrist strap for hands free steering and comes standard in all five of our fabulous lining colors. Because of its unparalleled handling, this bag can smoothly double its duty as a wristlet for a night on the town or as a cosmetic case to carry your daily necessities.
5. Coupe – The Coupe is the perfect ride for all of your essentials. The adjustable seatbelt strap on the English Retreads Coupe helps you be prepared for wherever the road may take you. It is designed to be worn across your body for hands free maneuverability. The snazzy silver hardware provides an attention grabbing shine…and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like a bit of positive attention?