Revlon BB Cream Review
I’m far from being a expert in applying makeup but I am a busy mom who has a few tricks up my sleeve. The key for me is to keep my makeup routine quick and easy, mostly because I’m up by 6:30 a.m. and out the door by 7 a.m. Below are my favorite six products that I apply in less than five minutes:
1. Loose powder foundation (it’s fool proof and keeps the oil to a minimum).
2. Bronzing powder. Besides using it on my cheeks I also dab it on my eyes in place of eyeshadow and even add a tad on my lips for a little tint.
3. Mascara. I use three coats but for me the key is to apply more towards the outer lashes and wiggle the brush inwards (it opens up the eye giving it a wide awake look).
4. A little bit of eyeliner on the upper and lower corners of the eyes.
5. White eye shadow applied to the corner of my eyes using a Q Tip for a brighter look.
6. Lip balm and lipgloss. I apply the lip balm all over and use the lipgloss only on the center of my lips (it gives the illusion of a fuller lips).
During the summer I take it down a notch and only use a basic SPF 30 moisturizer, mascara and lipgloss. I started using the loose powder foundation when I moved to Florida because it has a longer staying power against the humidity, but lately it’s been leaving my skin looking dull. Which is why I was so excited when I was offered the chance to review some of Revlon® new products like their new Photo Ready BB cream with SPF 30 and their super lustrous lipgloss and lipstick.
Revlon’s Photo Ready BB Cream offers a lot for the price: hydration like a moisturizer, a foundation like coverage, smooth like a primer and covers up flaws like a concealer (all while protecting your skin with SPF 30). My skin is acne prone but also gets dry if I don’t hydrate, so when I applied the bb cream the first thing I noticed was the creamy, soft texture and how easy it was to blend into my skin. I didn’t want to add too much of any other makeup products because I wanted to really see if it let me skin show through – which happily it did. The coverage was sheer and left a fresh face feel and look which is perfect for someone like me who likes to wear makeup but not look like I’m wearing it. Other observations include:
I wore the BB Cream all day running errands in a 90 degree/humid dyad it stood the test. It looked just as fresh from beginning to end (I just wish I could say the same about my hair!).
The lipgloss and lipstick shades are gorgeous! I don’t normally wear such bold shades but these weren’t harsh. The berry allure lipgloss (see below) was sheer and super shiny and the lipstick was overall very pretty and perfect for evenings.
Revlon has now gotten my beauty routine back on track and I’m officially hooked on the BB cream!
Revlon believes there is more than one way for women to be seen. Revlon’s heritage as a color authority and its suite of innovative products inspires women around the world to express themselves through beauty each and every day.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Revlon Consumer Products via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Revlon Consumer Products.