How To Wear Booties
Ankle boots can be tricky to wear. If worn incorrectly your legs will look shorter, and thicker. If you are one of the lucky ones with long slim legs, you will be like a kid in a candy store with the variety of ankle boots available for Fall.
You can still wear booties if you have short legs or thick ankles, but you have to do it right.
So if you’re still determined to wear those cute booties here are some tips.
1. Do: To offset the thickening effect of ankle boots wear them with tights of the same color. This creates a long monochromatic line. Black tights, in particular, create a more slender and sleek look.
2. Don’t: Pair ankle boots with contrasting tights. If you do it will make your legs appear even shorter.
3. Do: Tuck skinny jeans into them. Just be sure you can pull off the skinny jeans.
4. Don’t: Wear booties that reach your ankle. They only work if you’re wearing them with long hems.
5. Do: Wear with a dress. A-lines, and trapeze dresses make legs appear thinner.
6. Don’t: Ever wear them with sheer stockings. You’ll end up looking like a grandma.
When purchasing booties make sure to keep in mind that like anything else in fashion, one day they’re in and the next thing you know they’re OUT! So make sure you stick to the basic colors like, black, brown, and white, or my favorite grey. Make sure you check out www.piperlime.com and www.bakers.com they have a great selection of reasonably priced booties.