How To Look Stylish & Current In Freezing Cold Weather
Winter is here, and it is snowing, raining, and cold. How can you stay warm, and still look stylish? Just because it is cold outside does not mean that you have to layer up so much that you look like a blob. Just follow our tips for staying warm and chic, and you will light up any room that you walk into.
– If you live in a place where it snows regularly, the best thing you can do for yourself is to invest in quality thermal underwear. Stores like
– Whatever you do, do not go bare! Unless you live in sunny California (and even there you are not guaranteed eighty degree weather all year round), you will freeze your butt off in cold weather. Instead, if you want to wear dresses or skirts, opt for textured tights, which will keep your legs warm, and add a bit of visual interest to your outfit. Pair them with boots of any length. We especially like sweater dresses over tights with knee high boots, for a classic schoolgirl look.
– Be a bright spot. During the winter, everyone wears blacks, greys, and neutrals. It creates a very blah fashion landscape. If you want to stand out, wear bright colors. Opt for a bright red overcoat, or accessorize your outfit with a teal scarf. Jewel tones always look especially great in winter. To make sure you do not overdo it, pick one piece for the bright color, and keep the rest of your outfit neutral. You can find pretty accessories and great coats at stores like
– Invest in a signature coat. Everyone needs a coat during the winter, and you might as well splurge on the nicest, most comfortable coat you can afford. The classic trench is always a winner, but if you want to update your coat for this winter, we love the pink overcoats that are on trend right now. Fur lined parkas are also a great option.
– Have fun with accessories. During winter, you will be wearing a hat, gloves or mitts, along with scarves, boots and thick socks and tights. There is absolutely no reason why any of these items have to be boring. Go along with your inner whimsy and pick playfully textured scarves, colorful gloves, and boots that are made for looking at.
– Skip the scarves and wear a turtleneck. Turtlenecks are making a comeback this winter season, and they are an easy outfit choice. We especially love solid jewel-toned turtlenecks paired with dark jeans or basic black pants.
– Do not be lazy with the outfit underneath your coat. It is easy to just throw on any old thing underneath a fabulous coat and call it a day, but we highly recommend against it. For one thing, you never know when you will need to take your coat off, and for another thing, you will feel more confident when your entire outfit, from head to toe, is put together and thought out.