Holiday Chic On The Cheap
There’s nothing more hectic than the holiday rush, particularly when it comes to that last minute hunt for the perfect party outfit on a tight budget. But there’s no reason to let the tough economy put a damper on your festive style and mood. Check out some of my chic on the cheap ideas with items you already have in your closet.
- Reinvent your favorite black party dress with a big, bold brooch to channel your inner Audrey Hepburn.
- Pair your favorite jeans with a velvet blazer or sequin top and throw on some red high heels – sexy!
- Wear your favorite white button down with a red belt – perfect with a pencil skirt, maxi skirt or trousers
- Take any basic knit and add a little plaid (preferably the classic black and white) a button down, a bag or dressy scarf. I love plaid for the holidays! Everyone aways thinks of lumber jack plaid, but if chosen correctly it can actually be very chic.
- Metallic colors are the easiest way to scream, “PARTY!” without breaking the bank. In a head to toe black outfit, try metallic ballerina flats or a metallic clutch. Or, consider a metallic colored tank to layer under a turtleneck with a mini.