1. The BBC Thread. This is what eco-friendly fashion is about. It’s creative, chic, and smart. Their video called Konnie Goes Vintage is awesome. Their site is not updated as frequently as I would like but it’s definitely worth the wait!
2. Michelle Kaufmann: simple yet innovative ideas on how to make your life as eco-friendly as possible. Her you tube videos are fun, and quirky. Check out her video on how to make a basket out of the wire used in notebooks…SO COOL!
3. Urban Renewal it’s an exclusive brand to Urban Outfitters. They don’t have a huge selection, but the pieces are truly one of a kind. They take men’s shirts, vintage T-shirts, and they even use old sheets! Check out their open back tunic (made with men’s shirts), and the surplus shirt jacket (made from a variety of vintage pieces which means…each one is 100% unique!)
Urban Renewal Backless Tunic
Urban Renewal Surplus Jacket
4. Swap Style is the place to go for some guilt free shopping. It’s basically an online swap party. Membership is free and sometimes people post things without even wanting anything in return COME ON….HOW CAN YOU BEAT THAT!
5. Freecycle.org an entirely nonprofit site. You sign up for FREE and find your community. Each local group even has a local volunteer to facilitate the “freecycling.” The idea of this site is to keep perfectly good stuff that people don’t want from ending up in landfills.