A Nod To The 90’s
One of my favorite fashionable decades was the 90’s. It was purposely dishevled, a little punk and a whole lotta fun! I spent the better half of it in my Dr. Martens, some sort of plaid and lots of vintage tees. It was my personal mission to mix vintage and grunge and sometimes it worked, sometimes not so much. This fall you’ll see small nods to the grungy era with tons of causal pieces only more sleek and chic. Below are some inspirational looks that all nod towards the 90’s only more modern and easy to wear just about every day.
1) Ankle Boots – the new go-to-at-any-time item of footwear. Stylish and simple, these boots go with any kind of outfit and any sort of trend.
2) Plaid – plaid prints, generally on tops but extending to pants, bags and accessories. Wearing a plaid print help create a preppy look which can be contrasted magnificently with the modern Chelsea boots.
3) Crop Tops. A trend that I proudly wore during most of my high school years was hot this past summer and will remain strong for fall. Wear cropped sweaters over a tank or let a button down peak out underneath for chillier days.
4) Nirvana Grunge – It doesn’t seem that long since Kurt Cobain sadly left us. Adopt this fashion and prepare to smell like teen spirit. Remember that Chelsea boots contrast nicely with layers of grunge.
5) Tomboy – a particular favorite of mine. Oversized coats, boyfriend jeans or a slouchy tunics – pieces that are a must have for everyday wear.